The Gamma Rabbit
My roommate had a Wards Airline guitar with a Res-o-Glass body. When I found bodies of this material available, I had to see how it was to work with. It’s very different to work with. The resulting product is different from other guitars.
I wanted a vintage look for this project, so I went with a Bigsby tremolo. The locking tuners tame the Bigsby to keep it in reasonably good tune even with fairly heavy use. My roommate’s Airline had single coil pickups made to look like humbuckers. I wanted to follow along those lines, a matched set of Seymour Duncan Phat Cats fit the bill. These provide some interesting tones from mellow to other worldly shriek. Unplugged, the semi hollow body has nice tone and is loud enough for you to hear it for quiet practice.
- Price $1600.00 (Texas residents must pay sales tax.)
- Body Semi-hollow fiberglass, antique white
- Neck Bolt-on unfinished single piece wenge
- Nut: White Corian
- Back Contour Thin U
- Nut Black Graph Tech
- Scale 25 1/2"
- Compound Radius 10-16"
- Frets 22 jumbo
- Hardware Black
- Bridge Schaller rolling
- Tuners Gotoh locking mini
- Pickups Matched set Seymour Duncan Phat Cat
- Controls Two tone, two volume, 31 way pickup selector
- Other Bigsby Tremolo